Friday, April 25, 2014

BOY FROM HILLS

Back when I was a child, I played in the wild.
My father would give me a rupee bill and we lived over the hill.
My mother would often tell me to study and;
 annoyed, I would always hide under the bed.
Holding her veil I would sleep in her lap,
dream of heartbeats and glide among million stars.
I was a curious soul who would walk on an unheard road.
I chose lanes with bewilderment yet found solace,
I danced to the melodies of my stone heart;
my mind million thoughts apart.
I paddled my own fleet, I rowed my own ships.
I had an electric soul, full of life and zeal to shine.
I was like a morning butterfly wanting to fly far too long.
I was the free spirit, I am the free spirit.
I am my heart, I am my soul, I am my body
I am my own child;
I am the Boy From Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment